Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Modern Art

Hi everyone. I'm back!

I have an artist who has inspired me to create more modern looking art. Her name is Jane Davies at janedaviesstudios.com.

I finished this piece a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. I still haven't been able to think of a name for  it, though.





































I applied gesso to a 14" x 18" canvas.
Then I painted on several acrylic paint colors: orange, bright metallic red, cobalt blue, and orchid.
Next I used a round piece of plastic that once had tape on it, turning it in the wet paint to make the circles.
Then I glued on two pieces of metallic paper that I cut and scrunched in my hands (using gel medium).
After that, I used a fork dipped in white acrylic paint to make the wavy lines across the painting.
I let the piece sit for a couple of days because I knew it needed more detail.
When I finally decided what to add, I did the zigzags with white paint and put dots of all the colors I used on the zigzags.
Then I flicked white paint over the entire painting to add a spattered look.
Finally, I used all of the same colors (except white) on the sides of the painting to give it a finished look.
Also, I applied mod podge to seal it.

I had a lot of fun creating this piece. In fact, I'm going to do more modern collages.

I'll  keep you posted!

WHAT SHOULD I NAME THIS PIECE? I NEED SOME  HELP!

Until next time, take care ... Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment