Saturday, November 24, 2012

Mixed Media ... Creating Happy Memories

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday (those that celebrate it). I wish the best to all of my other readers!

If you ever want to create mixed media art that contains the things and people from your happiest memories, below are a couple of pieces that I created ...

My husband asked me to create something to make him feel good when he looks at it, so I did this collage about him. Zoom in on it and you'll see what I did. He really likes it a lot, and other people like it, too.

I did this for myself. It contains mementos from places I've been and things I've done. Plus it has names of many important family and friends on it. And there's a little extra art ... plus some silly stuff. I have it on the wall right in front of where I work at home. It has so much on it, but there could have been a lot more, just not enough space!

Oh ... almost forgot ... our Thanksgiving was great ... except for the turkey broth fiasco (spilled all over the stove)! It took me quite a while to clean up and cool off after that happened. Actually, I'm enjoying the leftovers more than I enjoyed the actual original dinner, but that happens sometimes when you're trying to cool off during the meal. Here's what the table looked like (the same table that I make art on) ...



I made the little centerpiece using a glass pumpkin, ribbons, green glass bowl, and silver doily underneath.

p.s. I bought the beautiful glass pumpkin at the Renaissance Art Center in Millville, NJ, during their monthly Third Friday.

Guess that's all for now. Enjoy!

Your friend in artliness ... Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment