Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Naming Your Mixed Media Art

A couple of days ago, I started this piece in my art journal. I have a small art journal that I finished, but this is my huge art journal. I wasn't even going to post it, but I decided that I would add some layers to it and see how it turned out ... so here it is:


I started out playing around with my various colored stamp pads. They seemed to be kind of dry, so I decided to do an abstract by just stamping them directly on the paper. Then, I outlined the stamped images with Sharpie metallic markers and other regular Sharpie markers.

I accidentally put a streak of orange marker on the page, so I made the squiggly things to cover that error.
Then, I dry brushed some acrylic paint aground the edges and glued on a picture from an outdated calendar that I  had cut out previously. After that, I added some wavy images with gesso, ran a plastic fork through them, and let it dry.

After the gesso dried, I sprayed Ranger Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist on the gessoed areas (mostly) and let that dry. And then I brushed on Mod Podge to seal it. It actually looks better "in person" than in this picture, but ... oh well.

The only problem is ... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO NAME IT! Can you give me any suggestions? Please comment with your suggestions for a name for this piece.

********************

On another note--below is a photo of me and my two wonderful, creative nieces. I love them to pieces!



Please help me name my piece of art, above, won't you?
It will be fun to find out what you come up with. And you'll hear from me, no matter what.

See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment