Monday, August 20, 2012

Fun with Assemblage Art

It's Monday, and I'm back again to talk about assemblage art. When you find something that inspires you to turn into assemblage art, it can be interesting and fun to create.

I bought this shadow box at Dollar Tree and turned it into an assemblage. I call it Mini Shadow Boxes and it's below:
The piece contains pottery shards from a trip to Israel, a glass mosaic, mirrors, former button covers, beads, stickers, and my favorite metallic copper paint.

Then, another time at the dumpster, this whatchamacallit was sitting there calling my name. I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but I knew that an idea would come to me. Here's what I created and called Park Outside of City:
For the cityscape part, there's a piece of plastic that slides out of the top. I painted and markered it to look like a cityscape, then put a piece of paper behind it before I slipped it back in. For the park, I painted first with green paint; then I made trees, the fountain, the large stepping stones, the bushes, the flower bed, and the birds from very inexpensive air-dry scupley-type molding clay that I purchased from ebay. Finally, I added the golden couple, which is a pin that I bought from a flea market-type store. It looks like they're dancing in the park! It took me a long time to come up with idea and to finish.

If you want to learn more about assemblage art, do an Internet search. One website that I checked out is assemblageartists.com

So long for now. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment