Thursday, August 16, 2012

Howdy for Today

Hi there!

This will be short because I don't have too much to say right now. I've been working on a few things, but the only one ready to show you is my color wheel. I saw one on Jane Davies' website and it inspired me to create one as the first thing in my big art journal that I just started:



I used an actual color wheel as a reference. It's painted with acrylic paints (some that I had to mix colors to match) and then I applied RichArt Ice White glitter glue with a brush. I smudged the bottom of the page with paint, so I used it as part of the design of the page and added Color Wheel with acrylic paints and a Sharpie medium point black opaque paint marker. Then I decided to outline the wheel with the same marker, as you see above.

It was a fun exercise and now, hopefully, I will remember the color wheel better than I did before!

Aside Comment: If you get the chance and you are in the Millville, New Jersey area on the third Friday of each month, Millville hosts Third Friday where you can visit galleries for free, hear live musicians playing in the streets and in some stores, shop, eat, see a show at the Levoy, and have fun. I've been there many times and really enjoyed it. If you need more information, you can find it on the Web. Here are a couple of photos of Millville on a Third Friday, for your viewing pleasure:




Take care and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment