Saturday, August 18, 2012

Zentangle

Hey there! Yesterday, while I was watching my favorite soap opera, I decided to do some Zentangling. I'm going to give you the definition of Zentangle that I'm copying and pasting from zentangle.com and then I'll show you how I did mine.

"Zentangle is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.
Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being. The Zentangle method is enjoyed all over this world across a wide range of skills, interests and ages.
We believe that life is an art form and that our Zentangle method is an elegant metaphor for deliberate artistry in life.
We invite you to explore our web site and learn more about this wonderful and uplifting method and artform."
(copied and pasted from zentangle.com on 7/18/12)

You can have four or more sections on your zentangle art. I only had four, but I'll show you how to do it the way Julie Fei-Fan Balzer says to do it (you can even check out her video on youtube.com if you so choose.).

First you do 4 dots on your paper like this:

Then you connect the dots and add as many tangles as you want. I only added enough to create 4 different sections, but you can create as many sections as you want. Do a search on zentangle and you'll see some pictures from zentangle.com.

These are my finished pieces of zentangle art. At first, before they were colored in with markers, I didn't like the way they looked. After coloring them, I really liked the look. You can also just leave them black and white.

I hope you enjoy your zentangling adventures. Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions, OK?

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Deborah! For the longest I've always seen and admired this form of art with no clue that it had a name. BIG THUMBS UP on your new blog and artistic enlightenment!!

    ReplyDelete